Green Cleaning DFW serves the Rockwall area, providing maid services, cleaning services, and green cleaning options. We want to provide some useful cleaning tips and ways to save some money on your home cleaning products by making them yourself.
The basic supplies you’ll need to make your own green cleaners include:
- Distilled white vinegar (sold in the cooking section of most supermarkets)
- Baking soda
- Olive oil
- Borax (sold in a box in the laundry aisle)
- Liquid Castile soap (like Dr. Bronner’s brand, found in most natural foods stores)
- Essential oils (super concentrated natural plant oils found in natural foods stores, usually in the cosmetics section)
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
Listed below are a few green cleaning recipes for your cleaning home.
- Glass: Mix 1/4 cup vinegar with 1 quart of water in a spray bottle. To apply, spray on glass and wipe with a micro-fiber cloth or newspaper.
- Wood furniture: Mix equal parts of lemon juice and olive oil. Use long even strokes to apply to the furniture. Apply only a small amount at a time.
- Toilet bowl cleaner: Sprinkle a toilet brush with baking soda and scrub away! Occasionally disinfect your toilet by scrubbing with borax instead. Wipe the outside of the toilet clean with straight vinegar.
- Floors: Mix 4 cups of white distilled vinegar with about a gallon of hot water. If desired, add a few drops of pure peppermint or lemon oil for a pleasant scent. After damp mopping the floors, the smell of vinegar will dissipate quickly, leaving behind only the scent of the oil.
Green Cleaning DFW provides professional cleaning services in the Rockwall, TX area.